Monday, April 30, 2007

Sissy in the Spotlight 

Posted by James at 10:35 AM ET

TitansOnline has a little Q&A with our good friend Sissy.

The next installment of the Cheerleader Spotlight focuses on veteran cheerleader Sissy, who grew up in Broken Arrow, Okla., and works in asset management for Metro Housing and as a personal image consultant. She enjoys dancing, surfing the internet, working out, listening to music, and spending time with her family. Below is Sissy's spotlight:

Q: Tell us some of your most memorable moments of your five year career as a Titans Cheerleader.

SISSY: Oh, where do I begin? Making the squad my rookie year and having my name called first was mind blowing. Stepping out onto the field for the first time gave me chill bumps (still does after five years). I love cheering at the games, especially when we make the playoffs. Standing in front of 69,000 fans is the ultimate rush! But my most memorable moment was when we were fortunate enough to go on the Oprah Winfrey Show and be her ‘elves’ for the World’s Biggest Baby Shower. How many people can say they met Oprah?

Sissy, Titans Cheerleader

Q: What was your initial reason for auditioning and what has kept you with the team so long?

SISSY: I was an arena football cheerleader in Oklahoma for three years prior to moving to Nashville. Once I moved, I had actually planned to try out for the Nashville Kats. Turns out that was the year the Kats were sold. I wanted to keep dancing so I tried out for the Titans and made it my first year. Once I made the squad and experienced being on an NFL team, I was hooked! I continue to try out because I love dancing and football, and to be able to dance for my favorite team is a once in a lifetime chance. Not everyone gets an opportunity to be an NFL cheerleader, so I treasure every moment that I am here.

Q: Who is your all-time favorite Titans player who has been on the team during your tenure

SISSY: #27 EDDIE GEORGE!!!! I have been a fan of Eddie’s since he was at Ohio State University and he has never disappointed me. He was such an explosive player and is one of the nicest people I’ve ever met.

Q: How do you juggle working full-time and being a mother with the hectic schedule of Titans Cheerleading and the added responsibilities of being a captain?

SISSY: I have been cheering all of my life, so the juggle is actually a part of me. My daughter is very supportive of what I do, as she is a cheerleader herself. I have been her coach all of her life and that adds to our quality time that we spend together. My co-workers are very supportive of me, so when I have appearances that take me away from work, they are very understanding. Being a captain is just an added bonus. Sometimes I pinch myself when I realize that I am one of the leaders of this group of beautiful women on and off the field!
Sissy, Titans Cheerleader
Q: Give us a one-sentence description of yourself.

SISSY: I am a self motivated, energetic, ambitious, intelligent individual with a love for God, life and family.

Q: If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?

SISSY: Count It All Joy by the Winans

Q: Describe your ideal date night and the type of man who would accompany you.

SISSY: My ideal date night would be spending the evening at home cooking, laughing and movie watching with a man who is all about me!!!!

Q: What are you looking most forward to in your post-Titans Cheerleader life?

SISSY: I’m looking forward to working with my daughter as she pursues her dream of becoming a singer/entertainer. Having been in this arena will enable me to give her guidance and insight on what it takes to be a professional.

Q: In ten years, what do you think your life will be like?

SISSY: I think I will definitely be married and in a joint real estate venture with my future husband. I also plan to keep my ‘cheer’ figure by continuing to work out, create choreography and dance in some capacity.

Q: Looking back, what is the most influential part of Titans Cheerleading that will remain with you forever?

SISSY: The sisterhood. Two of my best friends have come from my tenure with the Titans. Our team spends a substantial amount of time together, so it’s only natural that we come together as a family. We support and lift each other up in everything, and provide comfort when it is needed. I am blessed to be a part of this unique group of beautiful women and am thankful for the friendships that I know will last me a lifetime.

Labels: ,