Saturday, April 28, 2007

Kylie Spins Around for Titans 

Posted by James at 9:32 PM ET

From FoxSports.au (that's Australia)
This NRL season, Jim Beam and Big League magazine have teamed up to bring you the inside word on the girls that make half-time and try-time special.

Each week, we'll profile a cheergirl from around the clubs, and give you an insight into what makes them tick.

Kylie, Gold Coast Titanette

So to our cheergirl of the week for round seven, 20-year-old Kylie, who is cheering loudly and proudly for Gold Coast Titans as they make an impressive debut in the NRL in 2007.

What made you want to be a cheerleader?
I've always loved to dance and perform. I've found it's a great way to keep active and fit. It's an amazing feeling to perform in front of such a large crowd and to be part of the first ever Titans cheer squad is something very special.

What song always makes you dance?
I love any song by Rogue Traders. They are one of my favourite bands. Every song of theirs just has a great beat and is great to dance to. As soon as I hear one, I'm on the dance floor.

Favourite childhood memory?

Playing makeovers with my sisters. We were always playing dress-ups, doing our hair and playing with mum's make-up. It was lots of fun and is definitely something that sticks out in my mind.

When you were little, what did you want to be?
A gymnast. I got involved in gymnastics at an early age and loved it. It was my aim to be a professional gymnast one day . . . maybe even compete at the Olympics.

Who was your first celebrity crush?
Brad Pitt: he was just the most gorgeous guy to me and is still really cute. I used to just love watching his movies and look at him.

Who inspires you?
My family: they are always there for me, no matter what I do and are my greatest supporters. I know that they'll always love me and they keep me grounded. I guess I wouldn't be the same person without them

Where are we most likely to find you on a Saturday night when you're not at the football?
Most probably spending time with my boyfriend or friends. I never mind what we do, I'm just as happy to stay at home as much as I like going out, and I love to eat ice cream when I'm not working.

Labels: ,