Sunday, April 29, 2007

Flashback Photo of the Week 

Posted by Sasha at 9:30 PM ET

I put this photo of the NFL Cincinnati Ben-Gals somewhere in the very early 80s. Now, you guys know I'm all about the retro, especially retro 80s, and I love me some Ben-Gals. But this outfit? Wow. It's just...wrong.

At first glance, you may be thinking "hey, that looks sort cute with the whole one-shoulder thing going on." But like Magic Eye, if you look a little closer, you'll see something entirely unexpected. (Not that I would know, since I have never been able to see the hidden image in a magic eye picture, but I hear that's how it works.)

Take a good look. Squint if you have to. That abstract orange and black detail on the dress? That's a full length silkscreened Bengal tiger wrapped all the way around the bodice of the dress. I am totally not kidding. It's ginormous. And though I am slightly horrified, I can't help wishing that I had a better photo of it.

Labels: , ,